The home of 1833 Schiers Market is a barn built by hand in 1833. It became known as “Der Schier” when a furniture store opened there in 1955. “Der Schier” is Pennsylvania German Dutch for “The Barn.”
The growing furniture store, eventually known as Schier’s Furniture, expanded and built an addition in 1965. After serving the community for over 60 years, Schier’s Furniture closed on June 23, 2017.
The site has been reimagined and re-opened as a place for local vendors to rent a booth to sell their wares. This time, focused on antiques and artisans, but still remaining a functional part of our community for nearly 200 years.